10 Date Night Ideas in Pawleys Island
Are you a couple that is visiting the Pawleys Island area? Or are you a local who is trying to romance a new love interest? Sometimes finding date ideas can be difficult, especially in an area that you’re not familiar with. Luckily for you, there are tons of awesome and romantic things to do in the Pawleys Island area for a wonderful date night. To help get your ideas flowing for what you want to do with your special someone, check out the list below:
Of course, going out for a nice dinner always makes for a great date. The issue lies in deciding where to go! There are so many wonderful restaurants in the Pawleys Island area that narrowing it down can be quite hard. However, let us make a few suggestions.
- Austin’s Ocean One: Considered one of the best restaurants in the area, Austin’s Ocean One provides top-notch, upscale cuisine, along with romantic views of the ocean.
- Bistro 217: Located in the heart of Pawleys Island, Bistro 217 is an upscale eatery which cooks up delicious Lowcountry dishes with Asian and European twists.
- Caffe Piccolo: This Italian bistro is the perfect spot for a laid-back date. Caffe Piccolo offers a cozy, warm atmosphere and the option to sit inside among beautiful decor or outside next to the fireplace.
- Frank’s and Frank’s Outback: Boasting two restaurants in one, Frank’s and Frank’s Outback is considered one of the top restaurants along the Grand Strand. For a more formal experience, choose to eat inside at Frank’s, or, for a more casual atmosphere, sit outside on the exquisite patio at Frank’s Outback. Either way, this upscale restaurant will impress your date.
- Indo Thai, Sushi and Hibachi: For a more exotic date, check out Indo Thai, Sushi and Hibachi. This nice restaurant features a variety of Pan-Asian cuisine like sushi, Japanese dishes, Thai dishes, and more.
- Pawleys Prime: This upscale restaurant, located in the Hammock Shops Village, offers an array of dishes featuring the top cuts of meat and seafood. Of course, there are other options here such as elevated salads with duck confit, and much more!
- Perrone’s Restaurant and Bar: Perrone’s is the place to check out if you want a unique dining experience. Boasting the finest ingredients around, this restaurant prides itself on responsibly-sourced dishes as well as different methods of cooking, such as the sous-vide method.
In addition to these restaurants, there are plenty of others in the area worth trying. Check out our restaurants page for more date night restaurant ideas!
If you’re in the mood to dance, or sit back and enjoy a live show, why not take your date out to see some live music? The following places host live music weekly (and sometimes nightly) in the Pawleys Island area:
If you’re looking for a fun yet relaxed activity for your date, check out this cool place in Pawleys Island called Palette to Palate. If you go to a class at Palette to Palate, you will be taught how to paint a certain picture from a trained artist. No matter what your painting skill level is, you and your date will have fun here learning how to paint together. Join a public class, or request a private lesson; either way, you’ll have a great time.
Another artsy date idea is going to All Fired Up Studio. Here, you and your date can choose from over 100 pottery designs to paint. Choose a piece to paint for yourself, or you and your date can choose something to paint as a gift for one another. If you’re looking for something unique to do for a date, this is a great option!
If you and your date are competitive people, or if you just want to have some nostalgic fun, check out the Garden City Pavilion Arcade. Boasting the largest collection of arcade games on the Grand Strand, Garden City Pavilion Arcade has been entertaining couples since 1969. Take a step back in time and enjoy a date at this fun entertainment complex.
The Murrells Inlet MarshWalk is famous for its variety of restaurants and bars, however, while you can definitely grab a drink and watch live music here, sometimes its more romantic to go for a walk. Walk hand-in-hand along the MarshWalk and watch the sunset, or stargaze under a moonlit sky. The simplicity of this date can be very romantic, especially if followed up with a delicious dessert from one of the many restaurants found here.
You can always go the “old school” route and take your date out for a nice date to the movies. However, Frank Theatres CineBowl, & Grille at Inlet Square Mall is more than just your average movie theater. After watching a new flick on the big screen, grab a bite to eat or a drink at the bar. Then, have some fun playing arcade games or a game of bowling!
On a nice evening, playing a game of miniature golf can be a really fun date idea. Not only can you test your date’s competitive side (or let them win to flatter them), but you can also give your special someone pointers on how to improve their putt-putt game. There are several mini-golf courses in the area, such as:
- Inlet Adventure Miniature Golf
- Jungle Lake Golf
- Adventure Falls Golf
- Runaway Bay
- Gilligan’s Island Funland
If you’re looking for a unique type of nightlife for your date, why not head over to the Garden City Pier? Whether you decide to take an evening stroll over the ocean, grab a bite to eat at the cafe, listen to live music, sing karaoke, or play arcade games, the Garden City Pier offers many entertaining options for a nice date night.
The Grand Strand is always hosting annual and new events that can be great for dates. To find events to take your special someone to, check out our events page, which is updated frequently.