402 Myrtle Ave.
Pawleys Island, S.C., 29585
If you're Playin' Hooky do you want to be on the beach or the creek? Why choose when you can have both! Located in a prime, oceanfront mid-Island location of Pawleys Island's Historic District, this striking beach house is graced with a healthy dune system on the oceanfront and lush coastal views, and the opportunity to wet a hook on the creekside! While Mother Nature has provided the most irreplaceable amenities, this Wayne Rogers-designed home is built with quality craftsmanship and features befitting of a comfortable coastal lifestyle for year-round or vacation living. Careful not to miss a single spectacular view, each room offers a different vantage of the beach, ocean, or Pawleys creek and the porches on both sides offer ample opportunity to soak it all in! The main level of the home offers a sprawling open floorplan centered by a well-appointed kitchen with a Thermador cooktop, double oven, fabulous counter space, and prep areas. The living and dining areas are open to one other (perfect for family get-togethers!) and are nicely warmed by an impressive fireplace flanked by built-ins. Finishing the main level of the home is a large laundry and home management center, powder room, and a creek view bedroom with en suite bath. Up the stairs is the 2nd-floor den and 4 additional bedrooms. The primary suite is on the oceanfront with a private porch overlooking one of the most uncrowded areas of Pawleys and a spa-like bath with an oversized shower and soaking tub. The creekfront suite has its own balcony with a gorgeous perspective of the creek, marsh, and even Pawleys Chapel! This 5 BR, 4 1/2 BA home is upfitted with a hurricane protection system, GeoThermal HVAC, central vac, and a three-level elevator making it one of the Island's most efficient homes. It also boasts heart of pine floors, pecky cypress paneling, a sun deck that wraps around to screened outdoor dining, a double outdoor shower, and changing room making for a home reminiscent of Pawleys' yesteryear. Playin' Hooky from the ocean to the creek at 402 Myrtle Avenue may be just the place for your family's forever vacations! Let's take a look.
0Heated Sq. Ft.
0Total Sq. Ft.
- Neighborhood: Not within a Subdivision
- Type: Residential
- Built: 2001
- County: Georgetown
- Area: 43A Pawleys Island Beaches
- Elementary School : Waccamaw elementary school
- Middle School : Waccamaw middle school
- High School : Waccamaw high school
- Listing Agent: Mariah Johnson
- Listing Office: Peace Sotheby\'s Intl Realty PI Contact Agent
- Other Rooms: 1st floor bedrooms, 1st floor baths, Laundry/utility, Screened porch, Other
- Type of Parking: Under house - raised beach
- Exterior Features: Front porch, Rear porch, Deck, Balcony, Outside storage attached
- Property Type: Detached
- Amenities Available: Owner allowed golf cart, Long term rental allowed, Owner allowed motorcyle, Seller disclosure, Tenant allowed golf cart, Tenant allowed motorcycle, Short term rental allowed, Other
Inquire about this property
- Listing Agent: Mariah Johnson
- Listing Office: Peace Sotheby\'s Intl Realty PI