286 Portrush Loop
Pawleys Island, S.C., 29585
Located at one of the widest natural points of the Intracoastal Waterway, this 2 ½ story home has a ninety-degree panoramic view of the river, a protected wildlife backdrop, and year-round sunsets over the centuries-old ricefields. The home’s design is sure to delight with an unassuming streetscape beautifully framed by a colonnade of crepe myrtles and a brick-paver driveway with inlaid border and medallion centerpiece. The riverscape is picturesque and commanding with well-placed porticos providing bird’s eye vantages of the Waccamaw River and the 44’ private, heated pool and elevated spa with infinity edge. The tremendous windows across the back of the home provide striking detail and make natural light a part of the home’s delightful allure. One of the most interesting features of the two and a half story floorplan is the mezzanine-style main level. From the entrance, you’ll be welcomed to the home into the comfortable living room with gas fireplace, and then up to the formal dining room accented by a wall of windows and a quaint morning room with a full bath just steps to the 2nd tier spa and patio. The sleek and efficient kitchen with distinctive black solid-wood cabinetry has granite countertops, a tiled backsplash, a casual dining area, and functional access from the three-car garage and utility room. The first of two master bedroom suites is on the main level and boasts two walk-in owners’ closets, a master bath with tub, shower, water closet, and travel closet, and a perch-like sitting area/home office. With a split-bedroom design, there are two additional guest bedrooms and a nicely-appointed bath on this level. The home’s second level offers the most versatile spaces with a family room that is centered by another gas fireplace flanked by handsome built-ins, ample room for a supplementary work-from-home area, and a magnificent mahogany wet bar – all with river views. The upper bedroom suite certainly doesn’t disappoint opening to a private balcony overlooking the pool, backgrounds, ricefields, waterway, and beyond! Finally, the third level is totally dedicated to fun – an amazing home theater/media room offers seating for eight and a top-of-the-line sound system and flat-screen smart TV. While there is no doubt this home was built for entertaining and comfort, there has also been nothing spared to make the home both efficient and durable. The new premium roof is nicely complemented by copper trim and valleys; a six-zone irrigation system keeps the grounds lush and healthy with a never-ending supply well; a recently installed energy-saving package includes roof-mounted solar panels and westerly facing windows are bronze-tinted. The home is fully protected with an advanced security and fire alarm system. Without a doubt, the home is EXTRAORDINARY, but you will find the community to be easy to get acquainted with and will quickly find activities to immerse yourself. Heritage Plantation is a marina-centered community developed along the ICW (Waccamaw River) and around the beautifully maintained Heritage Club golf course. A rich amenity package includes a pool that is heated during the off-season, Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a children's playground, an owners' clubhouse with fitness center, conference room, card room & party room, a 40-slip marina, full-time dockmaster, boat ramp, storage, a party deck to experience amazing sunsets and neighborhood happy hours! Exceptional natural settings, superb recreational amenities, and a thriving camaraderie among residents will welcome you to the laid-back, yet luxurious lifestyle for which Pawleys is known. If you'd like to take a tour from the comfort of your home, 3D and Video Tours are available.
0Heated Sq. Ft.
0Total Sq. Ft.
- Neighborhood: Heritage Plantation
- Type: Residential
- Built: 1994
- County: Georgetown
- Area: 44A Pawleys Island Mainland
- Elementary School : Waccamaw elementary school
- Middle School : Waccamaw middle school
- High School : Waccamaw high school
- Listing Agent: Mariah Johnson
- Listing Office: Peace Sotheby\'s Intl Realty PI Contact Agent
- Other Rooms: 1st floor bedrooms, 1st floor baths, Laundry/utility, Carolina room, Media room
- Type of Parking: Attached 3-car
- Exterior Features: Patio, Lawn sprinkler, Side load garage, Rear porch, Insulated doors/windows, Balcony, Other, Storm windows, Lawn well, Pool-outdoor Private
- Property Type: Detached
- Amenities Available: Home owners assoc. fees, Restrictions, Clubhouse/rec/facilities, Owner allowed golf cart, Gated community, Long term rental allowed, Seller disclosure, Tennis court, Security, Boat ramp, Pool - Outdoor Community
- HOA Fee Includes: Pool service, Recreation facilities, Master antenna/cable tv, Manager, Legal and accounting, Security, Internet access
Inquire about this property
- Listing Agent: Mariah Johnson
- Listing Office: Peace Sotheby\'s Intl Realty PI