8 Oatland Lake Rd.
Pawleys Island, S.C., 29585
For those seeking the exceptional, welcome to 8 Oatland Lake Road at Willbrook Plantation, nestled in the luxury of the lowcountry. This home was designed by the owner with comfort, hospitality and functionality at the forefront. The home has a modern flair yet pays homage to the timeless natural beauty of its location. The all brick custom home is located on a Live Oak laden cul-de-sac lot with views literally from EVERY window. The floorplan is inviting and created to easily accommodate entertaining large crowds. All of the living spaces have high ceilings and are appointed with spectacular bamboo floors. The formal dining room is warmed by natural light of an oversized palladium window and expands into the formal living room. The kitchen and hearth room style family room are open to one another and flow back to the formal spaces by the sweet spot of the home – the large Carolina Room with fireplace that overlooks the backgrounds with a parklike setting and protected nature preserve. The kitchen is a true showstopper – gleaming white lacquer cabinetry is the backdrop for the gas Bosch cooktop, Dacor wall oven, stylish black farm sink and entertaining height granite topped bar. It then opens to the convivial family room centered by a double-sided gas fireplace, a bank of impressive polished cherry cabinetry that houses the wet bar and built-in entertainment center. The guest wing of the home overlooks the “parkside” that has been lovingly nicknamed “Baby Brookgreen”. The home office (4th bedroom) was purposefully placed at the front of this wing to have a forever view of the front grounds and a lovely pond on Willbrook Golf Course. The guest bedrooms each have their own personality (and of course beautiful views), generous closets and access to a well-appointed guest bath. The Owners’ Suite is truly a pièce de résistance – the bedroom itself is set in privacy on the rear of the home with a tray ceiling, but the rest of the suite is what truly sets it apart from others! The spa-like bath has double sinks, a water closet, a whirpool tub (with a view of course!), dressing bench and steam shower. THEN … there is a set of adjoining walk-in closets with incredible storage and built-ins from floor to ceiling and THEN … the closets open to a large laundry utility room with ample workspace and Bosch washer and dryer. Talk about closet envy! Organization, storage and purpose were executed with great intent in this prodigious home. The two-car garage is fully climatized and outfitted with a STORWALL storage system. There is a Rinnai gas hot water heater and 2 propane tanks – one that serves the hot water heater and the other a whole house generator. And, finally you will find a bonus room with private entrance that is being used as a home gym/yoga studio and offers even more storage without the hassle of pull-down attic stairs. The home was built among what feels like a field of Live Oaks and indigenous plantings and great care has been taken to preserve a setting that is rarely still found; there is masterful lighting, an ingenious drainage system and unrivaled attention to detail that complement the mature landscape. As if there’s need for anymore to get you moving, the home is located in Willbrook Plantation, a sought-after gated golf community that offers an owners’ clubhouse and pool and private beach access via Litchfield by the Sea. You’ve found it. Welcome home! (Additional features available via the listing agent.)
4,001Heated Sq. Ft.
4,301Total Sq. Ft.
- Neighborhood: Willbrook Plantation
- Type: Residential
- Built: 1998
- County: Georgetown
- Area: 42A Pawleys Island Area-Litchfie
- Elementary School : Waccamaw elementary school
- Middle School : Waccamaw middle school
- High School : Waccamaw high school
- Listing Agent: Mariah Johnson
- Listing Office: Peace Sotheby\'s Intl Realty PI Contact Agent
- Other Rooms: 1st floor bedrooms, 1st floor baths, Laundry/utility, Carolina room, Bonus room, Other
- Type of Parking: Attached 2-car
- Exterior Features: Lawn sprinkler, Side load garage, Deck, Insulated doors/windows, Other
- Property Type: Detached
- Amenities Available: Home owners assoc. fees, Restrictions, Clubhouse/rec/facilities, Pool, Owner allowed golf cart, Gated community, Long term rental allowed, Seller disclosure, Tennis court, Security, Other, Private beach comm access
- HOA Fee Includes: Pool service, Recreation facilities, Master antenna/cable tv, Electric common, Common maint/repair, Manager, Legal and accounting, Security
Inquire about this property
- Listing Agent: Mariah Johnson
- Listing Office: Peace Sotheby\'s Intl Realty PI